C N S News Scroll

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Land of the Free...Home of the Whimps!

Yes. I felt the earthquake. My first reaction was I was bit lightheaded; then I saw my computer monitor shaking. I didn’t say anything to folks in other offices down the hall, because I thought it was no big deal.

I got a quick confirmation from the radio stream I was listening to, with news reports of a quake near Washington, DC. Then I went about my business, only to be inundated with BREAKING NEWS reports of building being evacuated in New York and DC followed by wall to wall reports of peoples reactions. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

The ground shook for about 30 seconds…there were NO reports of buildings being toppled or loss of life…this thing measured 5.8 on the Richter Scale. An interesting rumble, but really…buildings were evacuated in Scranton, Pennsylvania?! Penndot sent a crew of engineers out around the state to examine roads and bridges for possible damage!

When did we become such WHIMPS!?

Were not talking about Hati or Japan where buildings were converted to rubble and the ground was literally ripped open. Read the reports! Some rocks fell off the National Cathedral and the Washington Monument may (or may not) have a crack in it! Really? This deserved wall to wall breaking news coverage? C’mon! The ground rumbled for 30 seconds! BIG DEAL!

Jeez suck it up! Be a man for God’s sake! Next thing you know you’ll be reading about Bill “Big Mac” Clinton becoming a vegan! Oh wait…what’s become of this once proud nation…



No comments: